Sunday, October 26, 2008

#3 DID YOU KNOW....

ALWAYS pay attention while cheking out in the grocery store while your items are being run thru the register. Most stores have policies that if their machines make a mistake you get to profit- only catch is that you have to find it. If the item is under $5 you get the item for FREE. If the item was over $5 they will usually give you a store gift card. It would be wise to check at your local stores to find out their exact policies on this matter- prior to it happening to you. I have collected many times at both Fry's, Bashas, and Albies in Mesa, AZ. Here is a prime example ( and just happend to me this week) I ran into Bashas to get a few things and as I was heading up to the register I passed the white cheddar cheez its- drats! they were calling my name! I even made it up to the register and told the cashier " I'll be right back" I zipped down the aisle noting that they cheez its were on sale 2/$5- not the greatest price but my hunger was taking over my reasoning for saving money at the moment. The cashier rung up all my items and I a scaned my receipt- alas they had charged me $3.69 for the crackers- oh no I'm not that desperate! I brought this to the cashiers attention. he swiftly fixed the problem and I walked out with free cheez its- WahOO!!! Yes, it is ALWAYS worth your time to keep an eye on those receipts.
Wendi

No comments: